Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A review of Vermont Nut Free Chocolates

I ordered some chocolates from Vermont Nut Free Chocolates. Most chocolates, even chocolates that aren't made with nuts, still contain traces, and I wanted to avoid these because of Ben's allergies. Also, although some people can outgrow food allergies, they usually don't outgrow nut allergies.

I like the Smurtles, which are like the nut free version of turtles, but I've been kind of disappointed with the pure chocolate stuff.

It tastes like Russell Stover's or Hershey's rather than a fine chocolate like Jacques Torres. I haven't yet tried their Skippers, which are a version of nut-free M&Ms, but I do think that though these are cute for kids, they aren't in the same class and some gourmet chocolates.

I see that the Chocolate Box, https://www.bechoctomistic.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=31&osCsid=365ce5b49b2d8810cdaaa7190ef3b9a1, has chocolate for special diets, but it seems to be sorted into categories, and I wonder if they have a lot of gluten-free, nut-free, egg-free stuff.

Kinnerton also has some nut-free stuff.

I'll have to continue the search for gourmet nut-free chocolates.

1 comment: