Saturday, September 11, 2010

Flareup

Ben had an eczema flareup yesterday. He had red spotchy patches on the bottom of his legs, behind the top of his diaper and on his back. I'm not sure what caused it, but we have some theories.

Theory 1:
The shoes. But I don't think it's that. I hope it's not that. They're the good kind of Stride Rite baby shoes, and that would not explain the flareups on his back.

Theory 2:
The polyester pants. He was wearing polyester pants. We try to dress him in all cotton. How did this happen? Were they a gift? Did I buy them? I'm not sure.

Theory 3:
Nuts. I got caramels on Thursday from a place that also makes and sells nuts. They process the caramels on shared equipment. So, it could have been that. Ben has an allergy appointment later this month, so I might ask if we should get him retested for allergies and when.

The good thing is his flareup has calmed down. We'll be looking to see if we can narrow down the cause. Eczema, allergy suffers, which of these seem most likely to you?

1 comment: