Friday, April 16, 2010

Catching Up on Cleaning. . .

. . . seems unlikely to happen soon.

For one thing, there's all these ineffectual baby lotions, everywhere. Jamie tried to put them into a box, but then we got more. I called the allergist today, but she had left for today, because I wanted to know if I should try coconut products on Ben. He has wheat, egg, peanut and some tree nut allergies, but how likely is he to be allergic to coconut? After all, some people consider coconut to be a fruit.

A great discovery is that Betty Croker now makes gluten free cake, brownie and cookie mixes. I saw them at Giant Eagle the other day and grabbed them all up, even though they were $4.29 each. I did find an egg substitute at the natural foods store that actually doesn't contain eggs. Unfortunately, many egg substitutes like egg beaters still contain eggs.

Other finds--

Ethnic Gourmet, which I had for dinner the other night. It was pretty good, but unfortunately, it is is being discontinued. I had chicken tikka masala.

A lot of Hormel products advertise that they are gluten free. I picked up some bacon and ham.

In the Kosher section, I found two kinds of Joyva Joys--Marshmallow Joys and Chocolate Covered Jelle Joys--that do not appear to contain eggs, wheat or nuts. I read the ingredients carefully. Some of the other Joys did have problematic ingredients.

Cascadian Farms Organic Oats and Honey--These are really good and gluten-free. I attempted to have them for breakfast as cereal, but, even though I went to the store several times yesterday, I forgot to buy milk. So, dry granolas followed by a late morning decaf iced white chocolate mocha.

I made pork chops and fried apples from a can for lunch. Who says I don't eat fruit? I'd like to clean more, but I'd also like to catch up on sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment