Monday, April 19, 2010

Lucy's Cookies and Food Should Taste Good Chips

Well, Lucy's Cookies are strangely addictive even though they do kind of have a bit of an aftertaste. One of the reviewers on Amazon wrote, "Something is awry with these cookies." But I'm just happy to be able to eat any cookie without eggs and nuts. There are also these wafer things that I have been eating, which aren't bad.

I found that the one store that is listed as having Lucy's Cookies does not have them. Another health food store in the area did have them but only had one kind. So far, I think the cinnamon thins might be my favorite. All of the cookies are actually thin and hard, perhaps because they are made without eggs and very sweet.

Our dog, Maggie, seemed to like Lucy's Cookies. Our dog, Harley, however wasn't jumping off the couch for them as she would a steak. Our cat, Rocky, ate them at first but then abandoned them to Maggie. He didn't seem to like them as much as he likes kettle corn.

One good discovery is that Amazon has just begun selling Lucy's Cookies. It appears that they have four kinds--chocolate chip, sugar, cinnamon and oatmeal. I have tried all but the oatmeal.

Jamie also found some glutin-free chips, made by Food Should Taste Good. He bought the multi-grain kind and the sweet potato kind. According to the Food Should Taste Good website, the chips come in several varieties including multi-grain, jalapeno, sweet potato, buffalo, chocolate, olive, the works!, lime, potato and chive, cinnamon, yellow corn, blue corn and cheddar. Maggie and Jamie really seemed to like the chips. I preferred the multi-grain to the sweet potato and ordered more on Amazon. I am pleased to see that Amazon carries these also.

In other news, Ben has getting recurring diaper rash around his backside just at the edge of the top of the diaper. Someone I know told me that many babies have latex allergies. He's only had this problem since he's been in stage 3 Pampers. He did not have this problem in stages 1 or 2. We are thinking of trying Earth's Best Diapers. Also, I have started applying Balmex since Desitin didn't seem to clear it up.

However, one good thing is that we may have found a shampoo that we can use on him. We tried Method Baby last night, and it didn't cause him to scratch very much or get cradle cap, but we do still need to apply olive oil to keep his scalp from getting too dry.

3 comments:

  1. I had the same diaper rash problem with Tyson. Try Destin, Balmex, baby powder, and A&D didn't work. Best thing for Tyson's diaper rash was rinsing his butt after a poop diaper and airing it out for a few minutes. Also it the diaper rash seem to get better after he started solids because his poop was less watery. Now I can use sensitive baby wipes and his butt seems to do fine. Air dry really helps. Hope that helps.

    I think in another post you mention food allergies. Poi a Hawaiian staple is almost allergen free. It is accrued taste, it as bit pastey and can be sour. It probably hard to get in Ohio. You can mail order through their website which is: http://www.tarobrand.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1523

    ReplyDelete
  2. R,
    I don't have food allergies. Ben does, but I'm still feeding him, so I can't eat anything he is allergic to, which is eggs, nut and wheat. But I'll look into poi. Ben is almost seven months old and starting to eat pureed solids. He just got the diaper rash recently though, and it's only along the back at the edge of the diaper. That's why I think the diaper might be causing it. We're trying Burt's Bees Honey and Orange Wax lotion. Because of Ben's food allergies, we have to make sure that the natural lotions don't contain anything he is allergic to. How old is Tyson?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sorry, I guess didn't read you post right the first time about the diaper rash. Sometimes when Tyson diaper is on to tight he seems to get a little rash around the his belly area.

    As for the poi, I meant that you could try it for Ben.

    Tyson is almost 8 months. Doing a lot better. Keeping him cool and moisturizing like crazy.

    ReplyDelete