Monday, April 19, 2010

Sweet Attack--Dr. Lucy's Cookies

It was like torture being able to smell those brownies yesterday but not being able to eat them. There's a health food store about 12 miles from here that sells Dr. Lucy's cookies, which are egg-free, nut free and gluten free. But, yesterday was Sunday, and it didn't seem to be open because I called and called, and no one answered.

I was so not happy because most of my other gluten-free snacks had run out as well, and I just wanted sweets. I had been up the night before with Ben and didn't feel like baking again. Jamie had me call of the closest Starbucks (about 12-15 miles away), and they said they had some Dr. Lucy's cookies. Jamie drove out there around dinner time while the roast finished cooking in the oven. But, when he got there, they only had one kind, so he drove to a second Starbucks to get more. So far, I've only tried the chocolate chip, and they really aren't bad. I think you can tell that they are egg-free, wheat free but they are far better than the horrible rice bread that I have been eating at lunch. Or the awful rice waffles I recently tried. Those products make me want to never eat rice again.

I am glad that products for people with allergies are becoming more mainstream. I am going to try a second variety of cookies soon and will report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment